"Equipping Local Church Musicians for the Work of the Ministry"
1. What is the largest group of musicians mentioned in the Old Testament?
Vocal Technique, Lesson 1: A Reason to Sing
2. Bringing the thumb and index finger together while bouncing the hand indicates a _____.
Conducting, Lesson 4: Beginning, Holding and Ending
3. How many half notes fit in the same time as a whole note?
Sight Singing, Lesson 1: Discover the Pulse
4. In the key of C, the following pitch should be sung _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 8: Reading Accidentals
5. The term used to describe the position of the notes in a chord on the keyboard is ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 5: Voicing
6. All sound is a result of _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 4: The Vocal Mechanism
the Bernoulli principle
7. Which type of music can better communicate ideas such as grandeur?
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 7: Musical Balance
8. One of the purposes of a "hook" is to substitute 7th chords for triads.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 8: Hooks
9. The singer's _______ should feel tall in the back.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 2: Supportive Posture
10. Which of the following means "extremely fast?"
Music Theory, Lesson 7: Tempo Markings
11. What does the following sign mean?
Music Theory, Lesson 1: Notes and Rests
Make the note a little bit shorter
Hold the note out longer
Combine the note values
Carry the note over into the next measure
Add 1 beat
12. The music of the church should sound appealing to the lost.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 5: Music in the Church
13. The diaphragm is shaped like a _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 3: Breathe from the Diaphragm
14. The "inner smile" is really only helpful when singing _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 6: Resonance
in head voice
in the whistle register
15. What is the scale number of the following note in a major key?
Sight Singing, Lesson 5: Pitches and Scales
16. It is important that every chord in every hymn be turned into a 7th chord.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 2: Adding 7ths
17. The space between two bar lines is called a _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 2: Staff Notation
18. Jesus sang with His disciples at the _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 3: A History of Music in the Bible
Garden of Gethsemane
House of Mary
19. Adding an 11th note to a 7th chord is the same as adding a ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 4: Adding Color Notes
20. We are to serve God from a heart of _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 1: Take Me to Your Leader
21. An eighth note triplet takes up the same amount of time as _____ eighth notes.
Sight Singing, Lesson 3: Eighths, Sixteenths and Triplets
22. The most natural progression from one chord to the next is movement by a ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 1: Understanding Foundational Chords and Function
23. God sent an earthquake when ______ prayed and sang.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 6: The Power of Music
James and John
Deborah and Barak
Paul and Silas
Ananias and Sapphira
Matthew and Mark
Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego
24. Ladies who sing the lowest notes are called _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 9: Singing Parts
Mezzo sopranos/second sopranos
25. The term "dynamics" refers to _____ in music
Music Theory, Lesson 8: Dynamics and Accents
26. This conducting pattern is used to direct a song with how many beats?
Conducting, Lesson 3: Basic Conducting Patterns
27. Good pianists should never listen to recordings of other pianists.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 9: Feeling
28. Raising the eyebrows can help to correct _____ problems.
Conducting, Lesson 8: Other Body Language
29. The best warm-up for singing is _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 5: Phonation - Vocal Production
soft, breathy scales
mimicking opera singers
arpeggiated lip trills
30. Flexible, active lips and tongue help the singer produce clear _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 8: Articulation and Phrasing
31. Always strive for the most complete contrasts (from one extreme to the other) in your song arrangements.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 7: Technical Treatments
32. Identify the interval.
Music Theory, Lesson 5: Intervals
33. When leading congregational songs, allow the singers to _____ between phrases and verses.
Conducting, Lesson 9: Congregational Song Leading
34. Humility is an act of your will.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 4: What Is Christian Music?
35. The time signature immediately follows the _____.
Conducting, Lesson 2: Finding the Pulse
36. A looping or pinching motion indicates a/an _____.
Conducting, Lesson 1: Introduction to Conducting
37. The following rhythm should be read as _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 4: Advanced Rhythm
38. Name the piano note.
Music Theory, Lesson 4: Piano Notes
39. Music touches the listener _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 9: Communicate the Message
on many different levels
only through the text
only through the music
40. The pitch(es) where the voice breaks is called the _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 7: Vocal Registers
41. Hold your left hand palm up, and slowly raise it to indicate a/an _____.
Conducting, Lesson 7: The Left Hand
42. Identify the name of the major key.
Music Theory, Lesson 6: Key Signatures
43. We must trust _____ as the final authority of right and wrong.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 8: Developing Discernment
44. Identify the movement of the following pitches in the major key of C.
Sight Singing, Lesson 7: Other Intervals
Movement to the 7th note of the scale
Stepwise within the scale
Skipping within the supertonic triad
Skipping within the tonic triad
45. Name the note.
Music Theory, Lesson 3: Note Names
46. Identify the following mark.
Music Theory, Lesson 9: Accidentals and Phrasing
47. When reading the chord notation "Bb/D", you should play ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 6: Step Progressions
Bb chord in the left, D chord in the right
Bb chord in the right, D chord in the left
D Chord in the right hand, Bb note in the bass
D note in the right hand, Bb chord with the left
Bb note in the right hand, D chord with the left
Bb chord in the right hand, D note in the bass
48. March music is obviously rebellious and immoral.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 2: Music Speaks
49. The ____ chord can be easily substituted for the I chord.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 3: Minor Chord Substitutions
50. Asaph was skilled in writing _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 9: Moving Forward
All content on this site copyright © 2016 by Asaph Music Co.