"Equipping Local Church Musicians for the Work of the Ministry"
1. According to Dr. Lee Roberson, "Everything rises or falls on _____."
Conducting, Lesson 1: Introduction to Conducting
2. Throughout the Old Testament, musicians are called the _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 9: Moving Forward
Sons of Moses
Sons of Heman
Sons of Chenanaiah
Sons of David
Sons of Jeduthun
Sons of Asaph
3. A 9th note is commonly used to color major 7th, minor 7th, and dominant chords.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 4: Adding Color Notes
4. A worthwhile goal in music is to try to achieve a ____ sound.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 9: Feeling
5. Changing the length of the vocal folds changes the _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 4: The Vocal Mechanism
6. Measures are separated by _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 2: Quarter, Half and Whole Notes
A blank space
7. We should strive for balance between the practical and the _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 7: Musical Balance
8. The following is an example of ____ chord voicing.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 5: Voicing
9. The notes in the following song _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 6: Pitch Movement
Combine the three different movements
Stay the same
Are half notes
Skip around within the tonic triad
Are all note number 5
10. The conductor's _____ can be used effectively to present entrance cues.
Conducting, Lesson 8: Other Body Language
11. The pharynx is the open area behind the _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 6: Resonance
12. In 4/4 time, the sixteenth note receives _____ beat(s).
Sight Singing, Lesson 3: Eighths, Sixteenths and Triplets
13. To indicate a change in dynamics, make the conducting pattern _____.
Conducting, Lesson 5: Expressive Gestures
More or less accented
Bigger or smaller
Longer or shorter
Smoother or more abrupt
Faster or slower
14. A good cadence to fit into your playing is the ____ cadence.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 3: Minor Chord Substitutions
15. This conducting pattern is used to direct a song with how many beats?
Conducting, Lesson 6: Advanced Conducting Patterns
16. A hook must contain the identical rhythmic pattern as the song you are playing.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 8: Hooks
17. Name the piano note.
Music Theory, Lesson 4: Piano Notes
18. Joshua mistook the sound of singing (associated with idol worship), with the noise of _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 3: A History of Music in the Bible
19. Altos are ______.
Sight Singing, Lesson 9: Singing Parts
Ladies who sing the highest notes
Men who sing the highest notes
Ladies who sing the lowest notes
Men who sing the lowest notes
Ladies who sing the mid-range notes
Men who sing the mid-range notes
20. If a key signature has 3 flats, which notes are flatted?
Music Theory, Lesson 6: Key Signatures
21. How many eighth notes fit in the same time as a quarter note?
Sight Singing, Lesson 1: Discover the Pulse
22. A time signature of 2/2 indicates _____ meter.
Conducting, Lesson 2: Finding the Pulse
23. The way a particular chord interacts with the chords surrounding it is called it's ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 1: Understanding Foundational Chords and Function
24. Which of these characters tried to serve God in his own way instead of God's way?
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 1: Take Me to Your Leader
25. The letter "p" in music notation means _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 8: Dynamics and Accents
26. Our singing should _______ the saved.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 1: A Reason to Sing
27. The end of a major section of music is indicated by a _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 2: Staff Notation
Double bar line
28. The singer should use just enough air to _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 5: Phonation - Vocal Production
create tension in the throat
create a "pressure cooker"
produce a tremolo
vibrate the vocal folds
tickle the roof of the mouth
put the sound in the nose
29. Rallantando means _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 7: Tempo Markings
Free adjustment of tempo
30. A slur indicates that the performer is to _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 9: Accidentals and Phrasing
Perform the music very accented
Perform the music smoothly
Alter the pitch slightly
Hold the syllable through two or more pitches
31. When using power styles, you will get a bigger sound when using ____ motion.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 7: Technical Treatments
32. Identify the movement of the following pitches in the major key of C.
Sight Singing, Lesson 7: Other Intervals
Movement to the 7th note of the scale
Skipping within the supertonic triad
Stepwise within the scale
Skipping within the tonic triad
33. A diminshed interval is a half step smaller than what interval?
Music Theory, Lesson 5: Intervals
34. This conducting pattern is used to direct a song with how many beats?
Conducting, Lesson 3: Basic Conducting Patterns
35. Step progression refers to movement by ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 6: Step Progressions
Whole step only
Half step only
Half step or whole step
36. After holding out a note with the left hand, what should the conductor do with the left hand?
Conducting, Lesson 7: The Left Hand
Stick it in his pocket
Leave it hanging there
Immediately drop the hand
Make a tight fist
Raise it into the air
Conduct a couple more beats
37. The best way to avoid nervousness is to _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 9: Communicate the Message
drink plenty of water during the day
memorize the music beforehand
make eye contact only with your friends
breathe deeply while singing
focus on Christ and the message of the song
check yourself in the mirror before singing
38. Name the following rest.
Music Theory, Lesson 1: Notes and Rests
Double whole rest
39. The shoulders should be _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 2: Supportive Posture
held with one higher than the other
allowed to rise and fall when singing
held with one in front of the other
held firmly back and down
40. Good breathing technique creates a larger range of _______ and _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 3: Breathe from the Diaphragm
volume, phrase duration
resonance, head voice
41. The preparatory beat sets the correct _____ for the piece.
Conducting, Lesson 4: Beginning, Holding and Ending
Tempo and dynamics
Posture and stance
Lead-in and cut-off
Pattern and scope
Warmup and attack
Pitch and timbre
42. The student should sing an _____ vowel sound when raising the pitch a half step.
Sight Singing, Lesson 8: Reading Accidentals
43. Humility is not an act of your will.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 4: What Is Christian Music?
44. When leading congregational songs, allow the singers to _____ between phrases and verses.
Conducting, Lesson 9: Congregational Song Leading
45. Accent syllables that would be naturally accented when _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 8: Articulation and Phrasing
46. The student should read the following figure as _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 4: Advanced Rhythm
47. The key to singing in head voice is to _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 7: Vocal Registers
make the chest voice lighter
develop a nice falsetto
raise the chin
keep the larynx low and relaxed
push harder from the diaphragm
stretch the neck
48. According to Paul, Christian musicians are to be filled with _____ and _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 8: Developing Discernment
The Bible, the Holy Spirit
49. Adding the natural 7th to a ____ chord creates a half diminished chord.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 2: Adding 7ths
50. Name the note.
Music Theory, Lesson 3: Note Names
All content on this site copyright © 2017 by Asaph Music Co.