"Equipping Local Church Musicians for the Work of the Ministry"
1. Music apart from the words can be judged for it's moral content.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 2: Music Speaks
2. Jubal is called the "father of all such as handle the _____ and _____."
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 3: A History of Music in the Bible
3. Phonation should be combined with _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 5: Phonation - Vocal Production
plenty of water
vocal fold vibration
4. You are singing in chest voice when singing _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 7: Vocal Registers
a "rattly" sound
above the bridges
5. Diphthongs are sounds that move from one _______ to another.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 8: Articulation and Phrasing
6. There is no flat/sharp note between notes _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 8: Reading Accidentals
7. Every possible nuance of musical expression can be adequately described by music notation.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 9: Feeling
8. People empathize with your experience, not your _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 9: Communicate the Message
9. The 6, 9 and 12 beat patterns can be used in _____ songs with compound meter.
Conducting, Lesson 6: Advanced Conducting Patterns
10. Identify the red portion of the following note.
Music Theory, Lesson 1: Notes and Rests
11. According to the Bible, who both sings and plays the trumpet?
Vocal Technique, Lesson 1: A Reason to Sing
God the Father and the Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit
God the Father
Jesus and God the Father
The Holy Spirit and Jesus
12. Spreading out the notes in a chord over larger intervals is called ____ voicing.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 5: Voicing
13. The term "resonance" refers to _______ of the sound.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 6: Resonance
14. Identify the interval.
Music Theory, Lesson 5: Intervals
15. The precise instant of the rhythmic beat-point is indicated by the _____.
Conducting, Lesson 1: Introduction to Conducting
16. Identify the following accent mark.
Music Theory, Lesson 8: Dynamics and Accents
17. In 4/4 time, how many beats does the following note receive?
Sight Singing, Lesson 2: Quarter, Half and Whole Notes
18. Psalm 119:54 says, "Thy _____ have been my songs."
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 6: The Power of Music
19. What is the order of sharps in a key signature?
Music Theory, Lesson 6: Key Signatures
20. Tenors are _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 9: Singing Parts
Men who sing the highest notes
Ladies who sing the mid-range notes
Ladies who sing the lowest notes
Ladies who sing the highest notes
Men who sing the lowest notes
Men who sing the mid-range notes
21. Identify the following music notation.
Music Theory, Lesson 2: Staff Notation
22. Identify the following chord.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 3: Minor Chord Substitutions
23. On exhalation, the diaphragm should _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 3: Breathe from the Diaphragm
push the air out
expand the stomach area
create tension against the stomach muscles
cause the chest to cave in
24. We should strive for balance between the practical and the _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 7: Musical Balance
25. The number of notes used per measure is indicated by _____.
Conducting, Lesson 2: Finding the Pulse
The bottom number of the time signature
The top number of the time signature
The beginning bracket
The measure line
The clef sign
The key signature
26. How many half notes fit in the same time as a whole note?
Sight Singing, Lesson 1: Discover the Pulse
27. The Italian term for "suddenly" is _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 7: Tempo Markings
28. Hold your left hand palm up, and slowly raise it to indicate a/an _____.
Conducting, Lesson 7: The Left Hand
29. Asaph published the music of _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 9: Moving Forward
30. Many Old Testament musicians were involved in music full-time.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 5: Music in the Church
31. Name the piano note.
Music Theory, Lesson 4: Piano Notes
32. Name the note.
Music Theory, Lesson 3: Note Names
33. The following notes in the major key of C move by _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 6: Pitch Movement
Staying on the same pitch
Skipping around within the tonic triad
Moving stepwise within the scale
34. The following pattern is an example of _____.
Conducting, Lesson 5: Expressive Gestures
35. Most songs can be harmonized using the I, ii, and iii chords.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 1: Understanding Foundational Chords and Function
36. The purpose of a cut-off is to ____ the sound.
Conducting, Lesson 4: Beginning, Holding and Ending
37. The ______ is/are shaped like the letter "V."
Vocal Technique, Lesson 4: The Vocal Mechanism
38. If you have doubts about a piece of music, it is probably just a "gray area" with God.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 8: Developing Discernment
39. Which of the following does NOT help build church unity?
Conducting, Lesson 9: Congregational Song Leading
Starting the song together
Singing vigorously together
Stopping the song together
Memorizing the song
40. We are to _____ that which is worldly and unholy.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 1: Take Me to Your Leader
41. A ____ chord is an example of a suspended dominant chord.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 4: Adding Color Notes
42. The singer's _______ should feel tall in the back.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 2: Supportive Posture
43. Identify the following figure.
Sight Singing, Lesson 4: Advanced Rhythm
Three note chord
Quarter note triplet
Eighth note triplet
44. Printed music that contains only the melody line and the chords is called a ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 6: Step Progressions
Nashville number system
45. Identify the following mark.
Music Theory, Lesson 9: Accidentals and Phrasing
46. "Diatonic" refers to notes that ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 2: Adding 7ths
Are the 7th note in a scale
Make up a vii (dim) chord
Are part of an altered chord
No longer exist
Occur naturally in the key
Have an accidental
47. Which of these is NOT a way to encourage your performers?
Conducting, Lesson 8: Other Body Language
Nod to them when they do something good
Mouth the words
Smile at them
Notice when they get a difficult part right
Scratch your head
Make eye contact
48. Left hand arpeggios sound better when using ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 7: Technical Treatments
49. The supertonic triad consists of the notes _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 7: Other Intervals
1, 2, 3
2, 4, 6
2, 3, 4
3, 5, 7
3, 4, 5
1, 3, 5
50. The rhythm of a song should be _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 4: What Is Christian Music?
All content on this site copyright © 2014 by Asaph Music Co.