"Equipping Local Church Musicians for the Work of the Ministry"
1. Holding the left hand, palm downward, while slowly moving down indicates a/an _____.
Conducting, Lesson 7: The Left Hand
2. One goal of good singing posture is to _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 2: Supportive Posture
look sharp when singing
release all tension from the vocal cords
maintain good health
keep from falling over
create a commanding presence
3. The oral cavity is found in the _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 6: Resonance
4. Which accent mark indicates notes are to be performed short and detached?
Music Theory, Lesson 8: Dynamics and Accents
5. Only a saved person can understand _____ principles.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 1: Take Me to Your Leader
6. The tonic note is the _____ note of the scale.
Sight Singing, Lesson 5: Pitches and Scales
7. According to the Bible, God the Father _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 1: A Reason to Sing
created music specifically for man
sings and plays the trumpet
sang to Moses on Mt. Sinai
only plays the trumpet
plays the harp
8. Adding a 6th to a 7th chord is called adding a ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 4: Adding Color Notes
9. Psalm 119:54 says, "Thy statutes have been my _____."
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 6: The Power of Music
10. ____ are an especially effective way to achieve inner voice movement.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 7: Technical Treatments
Time signature changes
The little finger
11. Focus on Christ and the message of the song to avoid _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 9: Communicate the Message
losing your mind
locking your knees
12. Identify the following symbol.
Music Theory, Lesson 9: Accidentals and Phrasing
13. Which of the following means "extremely fast?"
Music Theory, Lesson 7: Tempo Markings
14. Name the following rest.
Music Theory, Lesson 1: Notes and Rests
Double whole rest
15. Two advanced patterns that are rarely used are the _____ and _____ patterns.
Conducting, Lesson 6: Advanced Conducting Patterns
16. Words should not be pronounced _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 8: Articulation and Phrasing
17. The _____ tells the performer how many beats are in each measure.
Sight Singing, Lesson 2: Quarter, Half and Whole Notes
Double bar line
18. Low notes are sung in _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 7: Vocal Registers
super head voice
19. Showing more force on a particular beat indicates a/an _____.
Conducting, Lesson 5: Expressive Gestures
20. The musical style should be appropriate for the audience.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 7: Musical Balance
21. A time signature of 4/2 means _____.
Conducting, Lesson 2: Finding the Pulse
Four quarter notes per measure
Two whole notes per measure
Two quarter notes per measure
Eight beats per measure
Two beats per measure
Four half notes per measure
22. The _____ of a song speaks to our body.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 2: Music Speaks
23. Name the note.
Music Theory, Lesson 3: Note Names
24. When indicating a held out note, do not _____.
Conducting, Lesson 4: Beginning, Holding and Ending
Break or carry over
Move upward slowly
Indicate the ictus
25. The following rest indicates the performer is to remain silent for _____ beat(s).
Sight Singing, Lesson 3: Eighths, Sixteenths and Triplets
26. Please identify this portion of the conducting pattern diagram.
Conducting, Lesson 3: Basic Conducting Patterns
Flick of the wrist
27. Internal suction is created when the diaphragm _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 3: Breathe from the Diaphragm
28. One of the purposes of conducting is to _____.
Conducting, Lesson 1: Introduction to Conducting
Cover up musical anomalies
Make musicians aware of the conductor's presence
Increase the conductors sphere of influence
Entertain the performers
Distract the audience from mistakes
Ensure musical variety and vitality
29. Identify the movement of the following pitches in the major key of C.
Sight Singing, Lesson 7: Other Intervals
Stepwise within the scale
Skipping within the tonic triad
Movement to the 7th note of the scale
Skipping within the supertonic triad
30. Name the piano note.
Music Theory, Lesson 4: Piano Notes
31. Identify the interval.
Music Theory, Lesson 5: Intervals
32. The way a particular chord interacts with the chords surrounding it is called it's ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 1: Understanding Foundational Chords and Function
33. It is obvious from Scripture that Old Testament musicians never practiced.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 9: Moving Forward
34. Identify the name of the major key.
Music Theory, Lesson 6: Key Signatures
35. Identify the following note.
Sight Singing, Lesson 1: Discover the Pulse
36. The following sign indicates the _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 2: Staff Notation
End of the song
37. _____ means placing an accent on an off-beat.
Sight Singing, Lesson 4: Advanced Rhythm
Dotting a note
38. A good cadence to fit into your playing is the ____ cadence.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 3: Minor Chord Substitutions
39. The conductor's _____ can be used effectively to present entrance cues.
Conducting, Lesson 8: Other Body Language
40. "Shell voicing" is the term used to describe playing ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 2: Adding 7ths
The 7th note with the thumb of the right hand
Notes 1 and 7 in the left hand
Beside the ocean
Diminished 7ths exclusively
Alberti bass lines
6ths in the left hand
41. Bb would be the bass note for a chord notated ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 6: Step Progressions
42. In the key of C, the following pitch should be sung _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 8: Reading Accidentals
43. Everyone who claims to be a Christian has been "born-again."
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 4: What Is Christian Music?
44. Who does not necessarily need a copy of the service schedule?
Conducting, Lesson 9: Congregational Song Leading
The assistant pastor
45. Doubling should mostly be avoided, except when doubling the ____ note.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 5: Voicing
46. In the following figure, the highlighted note would be sung by the _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 9: Singing Parts
47. Vibrato indicates a(n) _______ tone.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 5: Phonation - Vocal Production
48. A "spiritual song" is characterized by _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 8: Developing Discernment
The words of Scripture
Praise for God's virtues
49. Tabrets and pipes were a part of _____ body.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 3: A History of Music in the Bible
50. Changing the length of the vocal folds changes the _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 4: The Vocal Mechanism
All content on this site copyright © 2017 by Asaph Music Co.