"Equipping Local Church Musicians for the Work of the Ministry"
1. In 2 Chronicles 5, the musicians wore _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 5: Music in the Church
Suits and ties
The garments of the high priest
Coats of many colors
2. Name the note.
Music Theory, Lesson 1: Notes and Rests
Double whole note
3. The sinuses, nasal passages and skull primarily amplify the notes sung in _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 6: Resonance
4. The following image is an example of a _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 2: Quarter, Half and Whole Notes
5. Two advanced patterns that are rarely used are the _____ and _____ patterns.
Conducting, Lesson 6: Advanced Conducting Patterns
6. Which of the following can NOT be accomplished by turning your ear towards a section?
Conducting, Lesson 8: Other Body Language
Increasing the tempo of the music
Remind about a problem section
Indicate a problem needs to be fixed
Encourage greater diligence
Encourage greater accuracy
Communicate that you are listening
7. Name the note.
Music Theory, Lesson 3: Note Names
8. This conducting pattern is used to direct a song with how many beats?
Conducting, Lesson 3: Basic Conducting Patterns
9. The following is an example of ____ chord voicing.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 5: Voicing
10. The singer should maintain a feeling of _______ when singing.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 5: Phonation - Vocal Production
open, suspended breath
rigid chest muscles
11. The pianist should always strive to incorporate very complex hooks into his/her music.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 8: Hooks
12. Hold your left hand palm up, and slowly raise it to indicate a/an _____.
Conducting, Lesson 7: The Left Hand
13. Vocal bridges above the first bridge are about a(n) _______ apart.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 7: Vocal Registers
three quarters of an octave
octave and a half
14. The Bible teaches that for a Christian to obtain wisdom, he should _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 8: Developing Discernment
Use his imagination
Pray for it
Meditate a lot
Read many books
15. The conductor's hand should be held primarily _____.
Conducting, Lesson 1: Introduction to Conducting
Fingers spread open
Thumb and pinky together
16. Playing a IV chord in the right hand while playing the V note in the left is the same as a ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 4: Adding Color Notes
Secret leading tone
17. The chest should be lightly _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 2: Supportive Posture
18. Identify the number of steps between the two notes.
Music Theory, Lesson 4: Piano Notes
19. The term for an interval encompassing 3 whole steps is ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 3: Minor Chord Substitutions
20. "Approximated" means _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 4: The Vocal Mechanism
21. An inverted diminished sixth is a/an _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 5: Intervals
22. Rubato means _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 7: Tempo Markings
Return to original tempo
The free adjustment of tempo for expressive purpos
Little by little
23. How many times should the song number be announced?
Conducting, Lesson 9: Congregational Song Leading
24. How many eighth notes fit in the same time as a quarter note?
Sight Singing, Lesson 1: Discover the Pulse
25. Where were the children of Israel when they were asked to sing one of the songs of Zion?
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 6: The Power of Music
26. The diaphragm is attached to the ________.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 3: Breathe from the Diaphragm
base of the ribs
bottom of the stomach
27. It is a good practice to maintain a single dynamic level through each section of the music.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 9: Feeling
28. Making the conducting pattern larger or smaller indicates a change in _____.
Conducting, Lesson 5: Expressive Gestures
29. Identify the name of the major key.
Music Theory, Lesson 6: Key Signatures
30. When adding a natural 7th note, the ii, iii and vi chords become ____ chords.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 2: Adding 7ths
Half Diminished 7th
31. Right hand arpeggios are easier to play when ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 7: Technical Treatments
The thumb is not used
The thumb starts on a black note
The third of the chord is left out
The thumb starts on a white note
The fifth of the chord is left out
32. The purpose of a cut-off is to ____ the sound.
Conducting, Lesson 4: Beginning, Holding and Ending
33. We must remove anything that ________ the message of the song.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 9: Communicate the Message
34. In 4/4 time, the following rest indicates the performer is to remain silent for _____ beat(s).
Sight Singing, Lesson 3: Eighths, Sixteenths and Triplets
35. The music of a song, apart from the words, communicates it's own message.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 2: Music Speaks
36. The most commonly used conducting pattern is _____.
Conducting, Lesson 2: Finding the Pulse
37. The bracket connecting two or more staves is called a _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 2: Staff Notation
38. Solomon authored _____ songs.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 3: A History of Music in the Bible
39. The notes 2, 4 and 6 make up the _____ triad.
Sight Singing, Lesson 7: Other Intervals
40. The notes in the following song _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 6: Pitch Movement
Stay the same
Skip around within the tonic triad
Are in the wrong key
Combine three different movement types
41. Complete Psalm 118:14, "The Lord is my _______ and ______, and is become my __________."
Vocal Technique, Lesson 1: A Reason to Sing
strength, support, saviour
maker, music, master
creator, helper, salvation
help, hope, redeemer
God, saviour, redeemer
strength, song, salvation
42. Men who sing the mid-range notes are called _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 9: Singing Parts
Second sopranos/mezzo sopranos
43. Which of the following skills is not necessary in learning to sight read a new song?
Sight Singing, Lesson 5: Pitches and Scales
Sing a major scale
Read the key signature
Match the pitch
Produce high and low notes
Determine the tonic note
44. Marcato means to perform _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 9: Accidentals and Phrasing
Without breathing in this section
With great enthusiasm
Accented and slightly disconnected
Like a rainbow
While marching in tempo
Smooth and connected
45. How many beats does a dotted half note get?
Sight Singing, Lesson 4: Advanced Rhythm
46. Which chord is naturally diminished in any given major key?
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 1: Understanding Foundational Chords and Function
47. We learn what God wants us to do from _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 1: Take Me to Your Leader
a hymn book
the news channel
48. Which type of music is more likely to appeal to the flesh?
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 7: Musical Balance
49. In the key of C, the following pitch should be sung _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 8: Reading Accidentals
50. Remove the _______ from action as much as possible
Vocal Technique, Lesson 8: Articulation and Phrasing
All content on this site copyright © 2014 by Asaph Music Co.