"Equipping Local Church Musicians for the Work of the Ministry"
1. _______ require exaggerated energy to be understood.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 8: Articulation and Phrasing
2. How many beats does a dotted half note get?
Sight Singing, Lesson 4: Advanced Rhythm
3. Only a(n) _____ person can understand spiritual principles.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 1: Take Me to Your Leader
4. The conductor should _____ like a singer.
Conducting, Lesson 1: Introduction to Conducting
5. Identify the interval.
Music Theory, Lesson 5: Intervals
6. A good pianist maintains a good balance between confidence and humility.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 9: Feeling
7. What is the scale number of the following note in a major key?
Sight Singing, Lesson 5: Pitches and Scales
8. Name the piano note.
Music Theory, Lesson 4: Piano Notes
9. The term "resonance" refers to _______ of the sound.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 6: Resonance
10. The preparatory beat moves in a/an _____ direction.
Conducting, Lesson 4: Beginning, Holding and Ending
11. A psalm is a song containing _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 8: Developing Discernment
The words of Scripture
12. Bb would be the bass note for a chord notated ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 6: Step Progressions
13. Which of the following is in compound meter?
Conducting, Lesson 2: Finding the Pulse
14. The student should read the following rhythm as _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 3: Eighths, Sixteenths and Triplets
15. Changing the length of the vocal folds changes the _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 4: The Vocal Mechanism
16. The chest should be _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 2: Supportive Posture
supported by the stomach
neither expanded nor contracted
17. The pitch of a note can be altered by the addition of a(n) _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 8: Reading Accidentals
18. Singing is a Bible ________.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 1: A Reason to Sing
19. Identify the following accent mark.
Music Theory, Lesson 8: Dynamics and Accents
20. Name the note.
Music Theory, Lesson 3: Note Names
21. Please identify this portion of the conducting pattern diagram.
Conducting, Lesson 3: Basic Conducting Patterns
Flick of the wrist
22. Identify the movement of the following pitches in the major key of C.
Sight Singing, Lesson 7: Other Intervals
Movement to the 7th note of the scale
Skipping within the tonic triad
Skipping within the supertonic triad
Stepwise within the scale
23. The diaphragm contracts only on _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 3: Breathe from the Diaphragm
24. When using power styles, you will get a bigger sound when using ____ motion.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 7: Technical Treatments
25. Identify the following image.
Sight Singing, Lesson 2: Quarter, Half and Whole Notes
Double bar lines
26. Men who sing the lowest notes are called _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 9: Singing Parts
Second sopranos/mezzo sopranos
27. Which type of music tends to be more rythmic in nature?
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 7: Musical Balance
28. A double bar line indicates _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 2: Staff Notation
The beginning of a new section of music
A repeated section
The end of a major section of music
Two connected staves
29. One of the purposes of a "hook" is to substitute 7th chords for triads.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 8: Hooks
30. Adding a 9th to a 7th chord is the same as adding a ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 4: Adding Color Notes
31. Jesus sang with His disciples at the _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 3: A History of Music in the Bible
Garden of Gethsemane
House of Mary
32. How many beats does a half note get?
Music Theory, Lesson 1: Notes and Rests
33. Which of the following does the singer not have to avoid?
Vocal Technique, Lesson 5: Phonation - Vocal Production
34. The conductor can express the _____ of the music by the set of his mouth.
Conducting, Lesson 8: Other Body Language
35. Identify the name of the major key.
Music Theory, Lesson 6: Key Signatures
36. "The mix" refers to blending _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 7: Vocal Registers
speaking into singing
head voice resonance into super head voice
vocal fry into chest voice
all vocal registers together
head resonance down into chest voice
chest voice resonance into upper notes
37. The Major 7th in a chord can be identified as the note ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 2: Adding 7ths
A step higher than the root
A half step lower than the root
Two half steps lower than the root
A fifth above the root
A fifth below the root
Two half steps higher than the root
38. In four-part hymns, the ____ note is generally the root of the chord.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 1: Understanding Foundational Chords and Function
39. The trumpet is used to indicate the _____ ,
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 6: The Power of Music
Presence of joy
Moving of God
Fall of angels
Fruit of the Spirit
End of a trial
40. Which of the following means "fast and bright?"
Music Theory, Lesson 7: Tempo Markings
41. Another word for "seer" is _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 5: Music in the Church
42. Each beat in a song can be _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 1: Discover the Pulse
Subdivided or elongated
43. Identify the following symbol.
Music Theory, Lesson 9: Accidentals and Phrasing
44. The following pattern is an example of _____.
Conducting, Lesson 5: Expressive Gestures
45. Christian music is to be directed to _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 4: What Is Christian Music?
46. Holding the left hand, palm downward, while slowly moving down indicates a/an _____.
Conducting, Lesson 7: The Left Hand
47. This conducting pattern is used to direct a song with how many beats?
Conducting, Lesson 6: Advanced Conducting Patterns
48. Which of the following is not a level on which music communicates?
Vocal Technique, Lesson 9: Communicate the Message
heart and soul
49. Who does not necessarily need a copy of the service schedule?
Conducting, Lesson 9: Congregational Song Leading
The assistant pastor
50. The term used to describe the position of the notes in a chord on the keyboard is ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 5: Voicing
All content on this site copyright © 2014 by Asaph Music Co.