"Equipping Local Church Musicians for the Work of the Ministry"
1. Which type of music is more likely to be self-accompanied?
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 7: Musical Balance
2. "Function" refers to the way a particular chord ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 1: Understanding Foundational Chords and Function
Sounds in different songs
Interferes with the harmony of the song
Interacts with the chords around it
Disturbs the melodic line
Interests the imagination
3. Subdividing the main beat into two parts gives us _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 3: Eighths, Sixteenths and Triplets
4. Lead with your gestures in expressing the _____.
Conducting, Lesson 9: Congregational Song Leading
Pitch of the melody
Message of the text
Topic of the sermon
Key of the song
5. We are only able to serve _____ master(s).
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 1: Take Me to Your Leader
6. A _____ adds the time value of the next smaller note to the original note.
Sight Singing, Lesson 4: Advanced Rhythm
7. The pianist should never attempt to use his/her creativity to come up with something new.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 8: Hooks
8. Name the note.
Music Theory, Lesson 3: Note Names
9. Remove the _______ from action as much as possible
Vocal Technique, Lesson 8: Articulation and Phrasing
10. A pleasant vibrato moves _______ the target pitch.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 5: Phonation - Vocal Production
1/2 step below to right on
a whole step below to right on
a whole step above to right on
1/2 step above to 1/2 step below
a whole step above to a whole step below
1/2 step above to right on
11. It is better to be humble than confident.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 9: Feeling
12. The singer's instrument is from his _______ to his _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 2: Supportive Posture
vocal cords, belly
vocal cords, chest
head, vocal cords
sinus cavities, neck
13. Singing is a Bible ________.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 1: A Reason to Sing
14. Identify the number of steps between the two notes.
Music Theory, Lesson 4: Piano Notes
15. This conducting pattern is used to direct a song with how many beats?
Conducting, Lesson 6: Advanced Conducting Patterns
16. What is the scale number of the following note in a major key?
Sight Singing, Lesson 5: Pitches and Scales
17. The singer should _______ the listeners.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 9: Communicate the Message
make eye contact with
collect fees from
18. In the key of C, the following pitch should be sung _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 8: Reading Accidentals
19. Subito means _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 7: Tempo Markings
20. Identify the name of the major key.
Music Theory, Lesson 6: Key Signatures
21. Super head voice notes are _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 7: Vocal Registers
notes sung above the first bridge
the highest notes possible to sing
notes in the exact middle of your range
notes sung below the first bridge
notes between the second and third bridge
the lowest notes possible to sing
22. The possible color notes for a major 7th chord are ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 4: Adding Color Notes
#5th, #7th, 8th
9th, 11th, 13th
9th, #11th, 13th
9th, 10th, 11th
2nd, 3rd, 4th
9th, b9th, #9th, #11th, 13th, b13th
23. According to Scripture, which musical activity does God the Father participate in?
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 3: A History of Music in the Bible
24. In the key of F, the bass note of a #I7 chord would be ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 6: Step Progressions
25. The space between two bar lines is called a _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 2: Staff Notation
26. To mimic _____, music will move slowly.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 2: Music Speaks
27. The following pattern is an example of _____.
Conducting, Lesson 5: Expressive Gestures
28. The vocal folds operate according to the _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 4: The Vocal Mechanism
Einstein's theory of relativity
Newton's laws of motion
periodic table of the elements
second law of thermodynamics
29. The cesura indicates that the performer is to _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 9: Accidentals and Phrasing
Raise the pitch
Lower the pitch
Hold the syllable through two or more pitches
30. ____ are an especially effective way to achieve inner voice movement.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 7: Technical Treatments
Time signature changes
The little finger
31. It is important that every chord in every hymn be turned into a 7th chord.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 2: Adding 7ths
32. The trachea, bronchial tubes and lungs are part of your _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 6: Resonance
33. The ii-V7-I chord progression is a good ____.
Inspirational Improvisation - Piano, Lesson 3: Minor Chord Substitutions
Substitute for a vii (dim) chord
34. The conductor should direct primarily with _____.
Conducting, Lesson 1: Introduction to Conducting
The right hand
The left hand
An open hand
35. There is safety in the multitude of _____.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 8: Developing Discernment
36. Name the following special notes.
Music Theory, Lesson 1: Notes and Rests
Quarter note triplets
Eighth note triplets
37. Most Bible musicians were un-educated in the area of music.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 5: Music in the Church
38. In 4/4 time, the following rest indicates the performer is to be silent for how many beats?
Sight Singing, Lesson 2: Quarter, Half and Whole Notes
39. This conducting pattern is used to direct a song with how many beats?
Conducting, Lesson 3: Basic Conducting Patterns
40. The diaphragm contracts only on _______.
Vocal Technique, Lesson 3: Breathe from the Diaphragm
41. The notes in the following song _____.
Sight Singing, Lesson 6: Pitch Movement
Stay the same
Combine three different movement types
Are in the wrong key
Skip around within the tonic triad
42. Which of the following is the softest marking?
Music Theory, Lesson 8: Dynamics and Accents
43. Hold your left hand palm up, and slowly raise it to indicate a/an _____.
Conducting, Lesson 7: The Left Hand
44. Where were the children of Israel when they were asked to sing one of the songs of Zion?
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 6: The Power of Music
45. It is important that we write fresh new songs of praise for our generation.
Bible Music Philosophy, Lesson 9: Moving Forward
46. Performers will _____ the tension or relaxation of the director.
Conducting, Lesson 8: Other Body Language
Be totally unaware of
Make fun of
Unconsciously empathize with
Consciously make a note of
47. Identify the following note.
Sight Singing, Lesson 1: Discover the Pulse
48. Altos are ______.
Sight Singing, Lesson 9: Singing Parts
Men who sing the lowest notes
Men who sing the highest notes
Ladies who sing the mid-range notes
Men who sing the mid-range notes
Ladies who sing the lowest notes
Ladies who sing the highest notes
49. An inverted perfect fifth is a/an _____.
Music Theory, Lesson 5: Intervals
50. To indicate a fermata or held note, hold _____.
Conducting, Lesson 4: Beginning, Holding and Ending
The forearm parallel to the wall
The palm upward
The elbow motionless
The palm downward
The wrist loosely
The fingers sideways
All content on this site copyright © 2018 by Asaph Music Co.